Data pulse #43
The new European data Regulation GDPR will be coming into force soon, and many organisations still haven’t started to even be aware of the new law let along prepare for it’s arrival.
The GDPR is a real opportunity to build TRUST in the organisation , making it better for customers, simpler for colleagues and also save money! If you take a proactive approach and start to prepare soon, it could be a real opportunity rather than a Risk on the corporate Risk register.
Here are seven simple Steps to take:
- Map your data flows: so you understand where data exists in the organisation
- Map the customer Journey: does it align to the first point?
- Categorise your data :prioritise where you need to focus effort into priority 1/2/3
- Review your Partners Agree ownership and standards you expect.
- Evidence the standards you apply: use the DMA or ICO privacy seal
- Identify Resources required for Training
- Complete a GDPR audit: ICO will be able to help you understand where you now sit
Building awareness in the organisation of the facts as well as the simple steps that are needed to be taken will ensure that energy is focused on delivering the right outcome for customers and your organisation.