Christmas Trees make a happier workplace
Leadership tip of the week adapted from HBR
Have you ever responded to an overwhelming moment at work by closing your eyes and imagining yourself lying on a beach or strolling through a pine forest path?
You may be onto something.
Research shows that exposure to green spaces reduces stress and boosts general health. One study found that greener office environments increased employee productivity by 15%.
Fortunately, there are easy ways to incorporate some nature into your day:
- Hold walking meetings outside.
- Use outdoor spaces for your lunch breaks.
- Open blinds to let in natural light.
- Green Plants in the office
- Real Christmas Trees and “decking the hall with holly” at Christmas
These small investments in a more natural work environment pay off in terms of increased happiness, relaxation, and even stronger connections to your colleagues.